If you operate a simple blog or WooCommerce store, it can be easy to assume that some rules do not apply to you. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
Almost all modern websites automatically collect information such as a visitors IP address. Most will also set cookies in visitor browsers. In every case, such actions are legally defined as gathering personally identifiable information. This being the case, even if you do not invite visitors to subscribe, purchase from, or interact with your website in any way, you are legally bound to declare what data you do collect and why.
- Different website plugins use different cookies which automatically generated privacy policies will not detail
Any Privacy Notice Must Detail Your Visitors Rights as Individuals
- A general introduction to who you are, where you are located, and the nature of your business
- Comprehensive details of the types of personal information your website collects on visitors
- Your reasons for collecting any information
- Details concerning how data is used and stored
- Clear details concerning how information is shared with any third-party